The Federal Times published a recap of Acendre’s just-published 2017 Federal Government Human Capital Trends to Watch report, noting that “data and analytics will progressively underpin how agencies understand their workforce and improve performance.”
The new report identifies eight major predictions about how agencies will grapple with fulfilling their missions.
Speaking to federal human resources leaders and gathering insight from the People Analytics Center of Excellence, Acendre believes agencies will:
Federal Times noted
- Place increasing priority on finding, hiring and retaining cybersecurity talent.
- Be under increased pressure to justify budgets.
- Be charged to push ahead with IT modernization plans.
- See automated performance management take off.
- Pay for performance.
- See a rise in business opportunities for contractors.
- See retirements remain steady.
- Need an increased emphasis on learning.
our belief that “workforce planning and a push for an advanced training environment will assist agencies in mitigating the harm of the cyber talent shortage. Regulations on joining and leaving government and pay rates will need to be addressed to increase engagement with millennials wooed by the private sector. In general, identifying learning opportunities will assist employee retention.”