IT Modernization for Federal HR Systems
Time to Walk the Talk: Modernize Federal IT Systems
The signals are seemingly everywhere:
- IT modernization is a high priority for federal agencies
- Moving to the cloud improves security
- An agency’s ability to better deliver on its mission is enhanced by moving to the cloud
- The President’s Management Agenda (PMA) has a clear focus on IT modernization, as well as data, accountability and transparency.
- Modern, ground-breaking solutions for performance management that can help federal agencies improve organizational workforce performance are available now .
These statements come from recent studies and analyst comments regarding U.S. federal IT modernization efforts:
For example, a recent FedScoop study found that agencies rank “the ability to better deliver on mission” as a top priority for adopting cloud IT services. In that same survey, 53 percent of respondents indicated that adopting IT cloud services would lead to greater security.
Josh Bersin, a leading industry analyst and founder of Bersin, Deloitte Consulting, points out that “innovative, ground-breaking solutions for performance management are hitting the market and are productive, enjoyable and valuable.”
At the same time, while the benefits are clear and the momentum to the cloud and modernization is shifting, some federal agencies are still held back and not progressing as quickly as they might.
For example, as more agencies move to the cloud, Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., wants to ensure that agencies use the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) to authorize they’re secure in getting there. This led him to recently introduce the FedRAMP Reform Act of 2018, which would require federal agencies to report their compliance with the cloud authorization program. He notes that “despite its best efforts, FedRAMP continues to suffer from a lack of agency buy-in, a lack of metrics and duplicative processes that have resulted in a lengthy and costly authorization process for cloud service providers.”
Clearly, the time is now to modernize federal IT systems, which includes moving them to the cloud for increased security, flexibility and reduced costs. Security risks with older systems remains a top concern. As evidence, lawmakers continue to investigate the 2015 hack of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). As reported by Federal News Radio, OPM is “still struggling to modernize IT.”
Legacy systems may be making their last stand, but it is only a matter of time before they are replaced, along with their security vulnerabilities and high maintenance costs.
That’s why more and more agencies are turning to Acendre for their HR and human capital modernization needs with all it has to offer:
- proven in large and small federal agencies
- FedRAMP authorized
- secure, cloud-based
- modern technology that adapts to any agencies’ workflow and processes, quickly and inexpensively
- powerful people analytics that provide actionable insight at the executive and operational levels
- seamless interoperability with any HR system.
Ready to walk the talk of IT modernization?
Getting started is probably easier than you realize.
Contact us today to start the conversation.
Follow Joe Abusamra on Twitter - @JoeAbusamra
Follow Acendre on Twitter - @AcendreTalent
Back To List